Benefits of Concrete Grinding & Polishing
- Cost-Effective i. Concrete grinding and polishing can create a beautiful surface that resembles stone or other more costly materials. However, concrete grinding and polishing is quick and affordable when compared to the installation and material costs of other flooring options.
- Stain-Resistant i. By sealing and densifying the surface, polished concrete easily transforms any kind of porous concrete floor into a floor that is quite tightened and dense enough to repel oil, water as well as other contaminants. This prevents all sorts of contaminants from penetrating the surface and hence, ensures a stain-free floor at all times.
- Increased Slip-Resistant i. Super Shiny floor does not always lead to a slippery floor. The benefit of flattening the floor by mechanically grinding it is that the process increases overall coefficient friction of the floor’s surface.
- Low Maintenance i. Grinding and polishing concrete floors creates a durable surface, which is much longer lasting than other surfaces including vinyl or stone tile. ii. Polished concrete floors require little maintenance other than occasional sweeping or moping to remove dust or debris from the surface. iii. Depending on traffic, polished concrete floors may need to be refinished every five to ten years to restore the shine and beauty. However, even this process is quick and requires little downtime.
- Reduced Tire Wear i. The uneven and rough texture of natural concrete results in abrasion to the tires, which adds to their wear. Therefore, a polished concrete floor helps in leveling the joints as well as making the entire surface super smooth. This prevents further abrasion of the floor.
- Improved Condition for Old Floors i. Mechanically grinding the floor helps in removing the old concrete’s top surface and polishing only strengthens it.